1995 Nissan Altima - Problem with Fan Switch

I have a 1995 Nissan Altima 89K miles. My fan switch only works in the high position... does not work in the lower speeds... any suggestions on how to fix this or replace the switch?

Also, my airbag light came on months ago... any way of finding out what might be wrong?

Lastly, the engine light comes on once in a while... it might stay on for a few days but goes out...

Should I be concerned?

Reply to
nmarcel1

I don't have the schematics in front of me but seem to remember there's a resistor pack (basically a module) that, when it fails, causes this.

Not sure on these problems.

Remco

Reply to
RemcoW

Remco, thx for the info... do you know where the resistor pack is located? Do I need to take the face plate off of where the fan speed switch is to get to it? Or is it located somewhere else?

Reply to
nmarcel1

It is behind the glove box, quite near the fan. You may need to take the glove box out -- I think a couple of screws will do it. Remco

Reply to
remco

Remco, thanks... I will give it a try... thanks for the great info... appreciate it.

Nick

Reply to
nmarcel1

My '94 had same problem. Fix was a resistor module behind the right front side panel (inside).

Reply to
K Browne