1996 Altima Stereo Removal

A CD is stuck in my CD player and it wont play or eject. Can someone help me how can I remove my CD player, so that i can eject the CD manually. Any steps/guide or web site reference?.

Reply to
agu1008

To remove the stereo you have to take off the trim piece that covers it first. there are 2 screws at the top, just over the stereo. if you feel along there you can feel where they are. Then you have to remove the boot around the shifter. it just pops out with a little work (at least on the manual transmission - auto might be harder). Then there are 4 more screws under the boot. With those removed the whole front plate should come off with a little work and careful prying.

Then there are 2 metal vertical support pieces visable. Unscrew these and the whole stereo, as well as lighter and ashtray should come out as a unit. Unplug the wiring harness and the stereo comes free.

If you need more instructions and pictures, I found the hanes guide to be helpful.

Hope this helps. It is really quite easy to do if you are careful and take you time.

Reply to
bucksatan

Reply to
agu1008