1996 Nissan Altima rattling when I press gas pedal to accelerate

Hi. I have a problem when I accelerate. The car is vibrating like crazy so I figure I need a wheel alignment. My problem is when I push on the gas pedal to accelerate the car makes a rattling noise and I have white smoke coming from my exhaust pipe. The car only makes the noise when I press on the gas pedal to accelerate. I know I may need a new exhaust since I am getting the white smoke from the muffler but unsure of the rattling noise.

Reply to
wahmom

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1142890510.485626.67140 @z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Engine Knock can sound a lot like a rattle noise. And it tends to occoure when the engine is under load (like when you accelerate). White smoke indicates somthing burning in the engine like oil (bluish white) or coolant.

Reply to
Gordon reeder

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com