1998 NISSAN ALTIMA, PRICE RIGHT ?

Hi ppl,

I am looking at a 98 Nissan ALTIME 85000 miles, in decent condition inside and outside ( got a PEP BOYS 125 PT. check done on it) and priced at 4300 dollars. The VIN carfax check came clean. (Abt that, does a vehicle that was registered as a "lease vehicle" pose a problem ?)

Do you think it's a good deal or is something fishy ? I've done all my homework on it - Blue book, KBB etc. This car can be rated 'clean' by Bluebook standards.

I'm a car novice, so your inputs wld be most valuable.

Thanks Nandz

Reply to
nandz

If its from an individual its priced about right. Lease cars will be ok most of the time. I would say that after all your checking, it seems good to me. You didn't say if you have actually driven it. I would drive it at least an hour around town at various speeds and on a short highway up to at least eighty to check out the car. I have no Idea about those pepboy checks but he should have found some things wrong with it or at least noted worn items or something. Have you actually "seen" the report with your own eyes? Did they do a compression check (I doubt it)? Did they check the output of the alternator (Altimas usually lose the alternatro at around a hundred thousand. Is water clean clear and light green in radiator, I am sure oil is changed and engine cleaned so you can't tell much from that. Did the carfax show a mileage trail that you can follow so as to see if the odomter has not been messed with? How many owners are listed?

If its from a dealer I would say the price is low.

Just my thoughts.

Papa Ray

Reply to
Papa Ray