2000 Altima GXE - EVAP

Hello everyone,

Just seeing if anybody has a thought about this one...

I recently noticed my EVAP control vent is gone - it seems to have been missing for about a month (I drove for about 600-800 km.) I was about to buy one and install it myself when the parts and service tech a Nissan dealership indicated that the EVAP cannister is most likely gone due to water getting in since the vent/valve is gone! Is this likely correct? The vent is about $ 100 and the cannister is another $ 180 (canadian dollars.) I'm lucky I know how to service the car since they are asking for 1.5 hours labour (about $ 126.) Do I REALLY need to replace the cannister as well? Any thoughts would be great!

Martin

Reply to
Martin