2000 Sentra GXE won't start

Hello, this problem started one day ago. The car started stalling and dyeing repeatedly. I was going to take it to AutoZone to have the codes read, but today it will not start at all. I know the battery and alternator are good as I checked those the other day when it would start. It has brand new $43.00 spark plugs that are correctly gapped at .043. I even tried jumping it off with my taurus to no avail. It's getting gas. From other postings that I've read, it sounds like it may be some of the following items/parts: ect sensor, air flow control sensor, o2, pvc, idle control valve, coolant temp sensor, and crank sensor. Could someone tell me the most logical sensors or parts to start checking first. Also, what are the cheapest to replace? Are there any other sensors that could cause this. One other important oddesy, is that when it was running yesterday, the rpm's were not registering on the instrument guage, but the speedometer was working fine. i can't understand how a car with only 58,000 miles can have starting problems like this. My 94 taurus with 180,000 miles on it has never had problems like this. Any help or advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
sfreez

I don't know what the problem is but as for the low miles and having a problem, sometimes you just get a defective part. I had a CV halfshaft on my 95 altima break after just having it put on brand new, only got about 18 miles on it. It was just defective.

Reply to
Talon

Thanks for the reply Talon and your right about the defective part thing for sure. We found out what the problem was today. I gave up on it, my wife called and had the car towed to the Nissan dealer. It turned out to be a cam shaft sensor that went bad. Turns out there is a recall on that sensor. They (Nissan) paid for the tow, the part, and the labor since it was a recall. We totally lucked out on that. I hope this posting will help the many others who will probably be facing this problem soon. Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
sfreez