2001 GXE has very poor FM radio reception

I have swapped out thr radio twice and still cannot receive anything but very local stations. Car has grid antenna in the rear window and I was told by pro radio installer that an antenna amplifier may be faulty and went on to say that the amp is probably tucked away in the 'C' post (4-door) . I have been unable to locate an amp, or even the antenna lead from the window! Any help out there?

Reply to
Mike DeCormier