2002 Altima - How do you remove the radio?

My CD player died after about 4 years and I want to remove the factory system and replace with a new system. I can't find any screws, clips, or any way to remove. Any experience from anyone else?

Reply to
woolybooger

Disconnect Battery First!

Remove your HVAC trim panel by firmly gripping the panel and pulling toward you. It will pop off to reveal a #2 Phillips screw next to an alignment post in the lower right corner of the large radio/center vent trim panel. Remove this screw, and then remove the upper trim panel by pulling it directly rearward. BE careful, the Bose faceplate may stick to it and pop off along with the trim panel, but can be easily reinstalled. You can now remove the Phillips screws holding the radio to the car.

Reply to
Wallace

I just did this. Wanting a CD player I bought an OEM on ebay then found it didn't play mp3's bummer. Anyway it was a nice unit. To remove the radio from my 1995 Altima I had to pry the plastic from around the console shift lever. It snaps in. next a screw near the hood release lever then another toward the console at the same level. Remove that panel, it snaps in along the top. Now remove two screws behind the shift, two in front of the shift and two above the radio. You should be able to remove the facade now. The radio frame is held in by four screws. Removing those you take out the radio down to the coffee cup holder. Unclip the connectors and the take out the 4 screws holding the radio and you're done.

I went and bought a Sony but have met disappointment in that it extends into the car though it plays well. It doesn't look bad and I got around the faceplate issue using hotglue but when I put a bottle of water or cup of coffee in the holder it hits the knob or elsewhere on the radio.

Bill

Reply to
Bill