2003 Altima shuts off while driving

My wife has a 2003 Altima. Yesterday when she came home from work she told me that her car cut off totally while cruising down the highway twice.

Hoping to get some help from the group. Not sure if anyone has had this problem with their altima. No check engine light is on. I am planning on taking a look to see if anything is obvious today.

Thanks,

Sam in Raleigh.

Reply to
Sam

Got more info from my wife which led me to connect the scanner and see what code she is getting. Code is for Crankshaft position sensor.

Now I am trying to locate one for this. I see there was a recall in

02 but hers is 03.

Sam in Raleigh.

Reply to
Sam

replaced the crankshaft sensor and reset the computer. big big difference. thanks to all who helped.