2005 Altima - Check Engine Light

Hi I'm sorry if this question was asked already, but My son bought a 2005 Altima recently and shortly afterward the check engine light came on and stays on. He said it also has hard start as if fuel filter was clogged. Once it does start it remains on, but we woulk like to know where to look first. Fuel filter, fuel injection, sensor???

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Reply to
nycbillhill

The first place to look is to get the fault code read out. Autozone and other auto parts stores will do it for free. The description they come up with may or may not be correct, so make sure you get the actual number. Post it & someone on here can likely tell you what it means and where you should look.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Thank you for the advice. I will check with them and post code. Thanks again!

Reply to
nycbillhill

you'll probably see a p-0325code stored = crank position sensor.

Reply to
NissTech

Most parts stores will check the codes for free. I would start there.

Reply to
Airport Shuttle