2007 Altima Hybrid Message Center

I think they call it the Message Center (no manual in front of me ATM) But it's the display in the dash that shows current MPG,MPH, Warnings,Service, Range until next fueling ETC ETC.

My question is about MPG-MPH screen. Displays as follows (not real world numbers but close. My wife has the car right now LOL)

MPG 28.4 MPH 15.6 (Miles Per Hour)

The manual does not explain this very well (at least for my little brain)

Am I getting a total of 44 MPG? If not how does this break down Miles/distance/time wise?

Or even better if someone has a link to a website that clarifies this.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Cox

I am pretty sure it means that you have been traveling at an average speed of 15.6 Miles Per Hour, since you last reset this display and have averaged

28.4 Miles Per Gallon since you last reset.

You can reset this and any other display by pushing the button next to the one that cycles you though all the displays. Push it and hold it in for a few seconds to reset to 0.

I believe that the MPH display is accurate but the MPG will vary based on factors such as if you overfill or top off the tank when you fill up etc. My display says I am getting 37.8MPG and travel at an average speed of

42.3MPH. I have not reset these numbers since my first fill up, just over 2 weeks ago. I have not topped off and have filled up at the same station and same pump everytime. Based upon my own calculations I am getting 42.1MPG
Reply to
Mango

This is correct, all the trip computer functions are based on an average of all the driving since the last reset.

Reply to
Homer

Based upon 6 months experience with a non-hybrid Altima, I think the displayed numbers are pretty accurate. Each time I fill up and calculate MPG on that tank, it's within 1 MPG of the displayed value, which could be accounted for based upon the fact that the tank doesn't fill to exactly the same place every time, making my calculation slightly off.

SV

Homer wrote:

Reply to
Stevey