93 Nissan Altima 4-cyl Won't start.

Hi all, My mechanic friend and I are perplexed by this and just burned our afternoon playing around with the car trying to get it started. I pulled the car into a garage 8 months ago with a bad battery. When I pulled car in was just starting to overheat. I put a new battery in it and couldn't get it to charge at that time and as I had another car to drive and the person that was going to drive it went back to college it has sat since then.

Tried to start it today and it turns out I put the battery in backwards doh... So I fixed that and tried to jump start the car today as the battery was dead. It would turn over but it wouldn't fire up on a jump start.

  1. We put 7 gallons of gas and some stp gas treatment in the tank still won't start.
  2. Pulled off the hoses on the fuel pump under the back seat and figured out that there was gas coming out of the pump.
3.Pulled off the hose that comes out of the fuel filter, and saw that gas was coming out there. 4.We put a little bit of gas in the intake after pulling out the air filter and it fired up and ran smoothly for a few seconds. It seems like we are not getting gas from the hose coming off of the fuel filter into the cylinders. We did that several times.
  1. We also pulled one injector (which didn't seem all that dirty) and put it back on, and the car tried to fire up then but didn't really run like it only had a little gas in one cylinder maybe...I dunno? It was running fine (except that it overheated but only for maybe a minute or two) when I put it in the garage originally at that time there seemed to be enought coolant in it too so I tend to think I didn't burn up the engine and warp something. I am having trouble convincing myself that all 4 of the fuel injectors went bad from sitting around all at the same time.

Do any of you knowledgable Nissan wizards have any ideas offhand what might be wrong with it. Or some more diagnostic tests I could do.

Thanks, Trey

Reply to
TreyBianchini

What about an Fuel injection relay or fuse? If you put your mechanic stethoscope on the body of the injector when trying to start the car, do you hear it clicking? If not, no power to the injectors.

Looks like you are on the right track though...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com