94 Altima

My heighbor has a 94 altima. About a month ago her boy friend replaced the fuel pump. The car cranked, but ran ragged. Some body told her she needed fuel injectors. So I put the new injectors in. The car cranked and ran fine for awhile. While driving down the road, it started bogging out, kind of like it wasn't getting enough fuel. Come to find out it was getting too much fuel. I replace the fuel rail regulator, so the car is still flooding out. I blew the cylinders out, and all of this fuel came out the cylinders. What am I missing? The coil seems to be fine I did all the vacuum checks.

Reply to
John Clements

John Clements

If this engine uses the same injectors as the '91 240sx (it is a variant of the same engine), then it is extremely easy to cut the bottom O-ring on the injector when pressing it into the rail, which then leaks fuel and will cause the exact symptom you describe. Pop a couple of them out and see if the O-rings are intact. If they are damaged, make sure you grease up the new ones (motor oil usually works) before you put them in.

Reply to
E Meyer

Reply to
John Clements