94 Altima Dash Clock

The in-dash clock in my 94 Altima has gone a little wacky and I need some ideas. Symptoms: When you press the brake pedal, the clock display sometimes turns off (i.e. no display). The clock does not reset; therefore, I assume it is not loosing the always-on power connection. As an interesting twist, if the headlights are turned on, the clock does not ever turn off. Anybody have a wiring diagram for the clock or any ideas of how it operates? Any ideas on how best to diagnose the problem?

Thanks

Keith W

Reply to
Keith

Check the tail/brake lamp bulbs for shorts. Also check the bulb housings for loose connections to ground at the sockets.

Reply to
John Doe

Thanks for the tip. I found a loose ground wire on one of the brake light sockets. Once I tightened the wire, the problem went away. Took all of 2 minutes once I knew what to look for.

Thanks again,

Keith

Reply to
Keith

I have the same problem, but my clock keeps reseting unlike yours. I checked the back lights for loose connections, I did not find anything. Any adivce Please.

Thank you

Reply to
pardesi419