94 Altima Power Steer Hose Replacement

I have a 94 Altima GXE- The hose from the bottom of the PS reservoir is old, cracking and weeping. Any hints on replacing. It's only a short piece of hose from the reservoir to the metal lines. I assume that I undo the clamps, fluid will drain out, and then I just replace the hose. Do I then need to bleed the system or will the system bleed itself.

thanks in advance Mike

Reply to
Mike

I have no hints on how you do it, but your timing is right. Nissan replaced the same hose on my 94 Altima this past summer for the same reasons.

Reply to
Orv

Yep but make sure you use power steering return hose as it needs to be able to deal with that type of fluid.

Reply to
Steve