95 Altima engine removal questions

I've never removed a transverse engine before and I find I need to do a major repair on my 95 Altima (automatic) after over heating and blowing a head gasket and maybe other problems at 230K miles. I've only done this sort of thing on V8's and a Voltswagon many years ago. It did not seeze, it turns over but won't start. I know I don't have to remove the engine just for the head; but since I'm doing this, I may as well do it up right; plus, I need some experience on the transverse engine major repair ( if it is practical) . I have some questions about the task of removing the engine. I do have a Altima repair manual; but, I don't think it gets into engine overhails.

1) Do I have to pull the transmission out with the engine or can the engine come out alone? 2) If the engine can be removed without the transmission coming out, will there be enough clearance by the passenger side front wheel assembly without removing it also? 3) Are there any surprises that I need to be aware of?

Any helpfull tips will be appreciated.

Reply to
l3ob

loewent via CarKB.com