96 Altima - Catalytic Converter/O2 sensor

Hey guys, I just bought a catalytic converter/o2 sensor for my altima; however when I opened the box for the converter, there was no port for the o2 sensor. The converter only cost me 112$, so I'm wondering, did I end up with the wrong part, or do I have to make a hole for the sensor myself? I can do most of the work on my car myself, so I'm not worried about replacing it, but this is my first time replacing a catalytic converter, so I'm a little unsure of protocol. Should I take the part back, or should I bust out the tap and die set?

Reply to
Matt McCracken

It seems that Nissan changed Catalytic converters February 1996. Check on the door for the manufacture date. I bet it was before 2/96. If so tell the dealer to get the correct converter for you. The O2 sensor changed at the same time.

Reply to
donyelo