A/C Filter in Nissan Sentra 2000

Hi

I'd like to change Air Condition Filter in Nissan Sentra 2000. The dealer told me that it is behind the Golve Compartment.

Also, I saw the filter the dealer can put for me. It is called Micro Filter, which is the same type of filtration (Micro Filtration) in a Canister Vacuum Cleaner I used to have. I now have a canister Vacuum with Hepa Filtration.

How easy is it remove the glove compartment in Nissan Sentra (2000) and put the A/C filter myself?

I went to a car part store and they don't carry that filter; I can go to an Autozone and see if they have it. The dealer would sell it for $30. To put it, the total would be around $77.

I think I can remove the glove compartment using screw drivers but I want to get some idea from these ngs. I have never done this before.

Reply to
Amanda

Hi,

Removing the glovebox is not that hard. Just about 6 screws and it is clipped in so you will have to give it a little pull after getting the screws out.

Once the glovebox is out you will see a small door in front of you with a clip on the bottom. Remove the clip and slide the filter out.

We usually charge about a half hour to install it at our dealership. So with parts and labor it is around $70

Let me know how you make out..

Mark Iezzi - Nissan Tech

Reply to
Mark Iezzi

Go to courtesy nissan and click on UR vehicle. Will take U to directions...

Reply to
notalwayshome

Thank.

I have to buy the filter first. I hope Autozone would have it. The other autopart store here doesn't carry it.

Reply to
amanda

If I were to ask an auto part store to order the AC filter for me, what would be the info I need to give them?

The guy at Kragen auto part store didn't seem to know what I was talking about. He showed me the filter for the engine. Thanks.

Reply to
amanda

Ask for a cabin filter or a cabin air filter

Reply to
Brian