belt

We have a 2000 Altima with 121,900 miles and it still has the original serp. belt on it and we are getting ready to change it. When are you suppose to change it and is it hard to change? We have had the plugs changed and other simple things for it. We still get

23-28mpg on it. No complaints out of this Nissan...Great Car

JSmith

Reply to
Jeannie Smith

nissan u should change belt every 60k no timing belt though uses chan. had mine changed @ 65k have a 99.

Reply to
Dr. Sysop

Reply to
Vic A.
60k miles is correct, I know of friends who drove an extra 15k miles without the belt breaking. When the belt breaks it will cost you a minimum of $800 to repair the damage to the valves and potentially the pistons, etc..... So don't go to far

Call the Nissan shop and get it serviced

-- Nissan4ME

View this thread:

Send from

Nissan4ME