Brake Light + Battery Light turns and stays red after starting up my Nissan Altima GLE

Hi,

I was facing the problem of Brake Light + Battery Light both goes red together after starting up the my car. It was problem of alternator. It was not charging up the battery. I ran the car for 3 days without charging up the battery. Finally battery discharged fully and problem diagnosed to be the alternator not charging up the battery. Got the new alternator for $185 (with TAX) with lifetime replacement warranty from Schucks, Liberty Lake. Changed the alternator and problem gone aways.

Thanks, Jayesh Modha

Reply to
Jayesh

Jayesh wrote in news:1190696365.295065.322950 @d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Did that include a coring charge for your old alternator??

The brake light comming on confuses the issue. What happens is that the ABS controler is detecting the low system voltage and turning on the brake light to indicate that ABS may not work properly.

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Reply to
Gordon