Broken Turn Signal lever/switch '97 Altima

Hi, I broke turn signal switch/lever of my '97 altima by accident ( my jacket's pocket got struck into the lever while i was getting in and i ripped it apart). I could still press the broken lever onto the piece that is attached to the steering column and do the functionalities but it has to be changed anyways. I tried search all over the place for that lever but to no avail ( may be i dont know what/how to search) which handles:

1) up/down for right/left indications 2) twist at the end for on/off parking and headlights 3) push for flashing high beam

I went to a mechanic and he says it might cost closer to $150 for a new spare and labor but he is not assured of the part's presence in the market. I tired a junkyard and there was none available there.

Since, the lever is functional ( when pressed hard -- joining the broken pieces) can i use a glue ( if yes, what kind) to stick it together ? will it last (considering frequent twists for the lights on/off). If I need to get it replaced, can i buy just the lever without the circuit behind it ( can i get that alone in the market?).

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Please help me out !

Thanks,

-- Sriram.

Reply to
Sriram

Jesus Christ man, just go to the dealership and buy a new switch and take some time and maybe learn how to fix it yourself

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks for the response...went to the dealership today..looks like the part costs $90 and labor another $100....gotta pay heavy for a careless mistake i made :( ....with christmas and New year round the corner, guess i've gotta wait till early Jan... fixing this thing self would not be practically possible atleast for me as the complete steering column to be pulled out and i do not have tools to do those either :(

Reply to
Sriram

Sorry if I sounded like a smart ass but , you can do this repair yourself.

all you need is a phillips screwdriver.

Reply to
NissTech