buying catalytic converter 1995 Altima w/O2 sensor

I'm trying to find a source for a catalytic converter for my 1995 altima GXE (not California). The online catalytic converter parts houses don't show one with the O2 sensor.

Before I got the car it had been in a bad front end collison and the engine was replaced. The hood ECM info say catalyst 4E800. The doorframe info says manufacture date 10/94 I think (it's raining). Maybe the exhaust was replaced too?

A few months back I recall seeing a website that sold catalytic converters for Altimas with and without sensors, the difference being fifty or sixty dollars but now I'm not turning up that site.

The

show what looks like the correct converter with a sensor but the price, $114, indicates otherwise as that price would be for a catalytic converter less sensor. Asking the salesguy, he says that's the sensor port. I know better having been under the car and having unscrewed the sensor know it fits like a spark plug with leads like the front sensor but with multiple leads and half the diameter. Maybe the photo shows a plug in the port extending out as would the O2 sensor to indicate the port is actually there. He says the only sensor he has for a 1995 is the exhaust manifold O2 sensor.

Another website shows catalytic converters with a blur where the O2 port should be and the salesguy in India says it isn't a port from the photo.

I'd want to replace the O2 sensor as I tried cleaning it with brake cleaning fluid and don't have complete confidence in it now. Also, I had put Restore in the oil once or twice and the teflon that makes it out the exhaust probably coated the sensor as well as the converter.

Suggestions please. I'd appreciate it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill