Car is rev-ing and the odometer goes to 6

This problem does not occur all the time and only happens when I start my car. Doesn't matter if it is cold or hot or how long it has been sitting. It has a mind of its own. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it might be contributed too? I was orginally told that thehoses were not tightened so i had that done but it still happens. Help?

Reply to
p8ches1622