cold weather starting troubles

My 1995 altima (KA24DE engine) is having trouble starting and idiling in cool wet weather. After it starts the idle is really rough and irregular - as in when it would normally be 1500 rpm or so it bounces between 500 and

1200 quite rapidly. Driving is also fairly rough for the first couple of minutes. I'll give it gas and nothing will happen for a few seconds then it will accelerate. Once it warms up is seems to run fine.

I think that it might be time for some new spark plugs and wires, but if anyone else has some ideas I would be quite happy.

Thanks

Reply to
bucksatan

Well, It finally quit while I was driving, so I took it to a garage.

While it did need new ignition wires and spark plugs the main problem was the o-rings that hold oil in the engine and out of the distributor.

Reply to
bucksatan