Diesle fuel in gas tank.

This is for a 2000 Nissan Altima.

Some one told me that her husband accidentally pumped one gallon of diesel fuel, realized the mistake, then filled the gas tank with 12.6 gallons of regular gas. They then drove approximately 60 miles to get home.

I don't know the capacity of the gas tank, just approximate. I have a Haynes book on the Nissan Altima for the correct year, but the word "Capacities" does not exist in the index and the only table for "Capacities" that I have been able to find is for the engine and transaxle.

Will this hurt the engine?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
.

Probably. But why not ask a dealer rather than here? They'd have a much better idea.

I am surprised you can fit the diesel nozzle into the regular gas tank.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby