nissan fuel injector cleaning question

Hi, I have a 2002 Altima that just had it's 60,000 mile service. The mechanic recommended cleaning the fuel injectors as preventive maintenance since Nissans have, in his words, "notorious problems with injectors getting dirty leading to costly repairs." I held off on it since I didn't feel like spending the extra $148 that was his fee for a "MotorVac" injector cleaning until I had a chance to look into this a bit. Are Nissans notorious for getting dirty fuel injectors?

I'm looking for opinions on if I should go ahead and have this done soon. thanks, Tom

Reply to
Wallace

the mechanic lied.

Reply to
ykw

Do this.. at each oil change, add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner. Make sure it says complete or concentrate. You'll be fine.

Reply to
Eric F