PLEASE HELP 94 Nissan Altima Fuses

PLEASE HELP! I have a 1994 nissan alitma that I bought private party. I have never noticed a fuse in the "ABS SOL 20A" slot before, and I was changing my horn fuse when I realized it was empty. Instinct told me to fill it, but I really don't want to do anything that will mess up my electrical. Does this particular slot have to have a fuse?

Reply to
girlthatneedshelp

does the car have ABS?

If so, you can give it a shot. 3 things could have happened in the past:

  1. The ABS doesn't work and causes fuses to blow, therefore the previous owner removed it.

  1. The previous owner didn't like ABS, and removed the fuse to stop the ABS action.

  2. There is no ABS in the car, and the standard fusebox simply has a slot open for it, but its not used for anything.

girlthatneedshelp wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

Yes, my car has ABS, and I see the metal slot prongs in this particular slot which is usually an indicator of it being active and needing a fuse. If I put a fuse in and it blows how will I know? will i feel the difference in my breaks? Thank you for your answers, you've been a great help.

Reply to
girlthatneedshelp

just because there are metal 'prongs' to receive the fuse, does not mean anything is hooked up to that particular fuse.

I would put a fuse in, follow the amperage indicated on the plastic cover. See what happens.

I would imagine that if your car has ABS and the ABS is not working, there would be a warning light on your dash.... do you see an ABS light flashing anywherE?

girlthatneedshelp wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com