Problem Spark Plug

I'm having a problem with my #1 Spark Plug Wire popping off. It will not stay on, it pops up about an inch. I am on my second set of wires, the last set being Bosch. Any Ideas what might be causing this?

Reply to
Jon

try pushing the spark plug boot downward a little bit so the boot will cover more of the plug itself. Also get a pair of pliers and gently squeeze the metal clip.

Reply to
Eric F

I had the same problem with the Bosch spark plug wires. You need to replace them with the NGK or OEM type.

Reply to
Johnny Serrano

Sounds like your plug is leaking compression. Take it out and clean threads and seat and put back in. Don't break the plug but make it firmly seated. Actually your supposed to torque them to a certain inch lb but I don't remember it at this time.

Reply to
Papa Ray

It might be that your engine compression is leaking out around the plug, blowing the plug wire out.

Take plug out and clean threads and seat and reinstall. I forget what the torque is but it is not a lot, its in inch lbs.

Papa Ray

Reply to
Papa Ray