Question about the Water Pump

On the 3.5 SE, where exactly is the water pump? My guess is that it located inside the time chain housing and driven either the time chain or gears. I know on my senta is was external. But on the altima, how long does a nissan water pump last and if every would need to be replace, would it be expensive? Also if it driven by the chain, would it shorten the chain life?

Reply to
<jwillimas1981

This is correct it is driven by the timing chain

I know on my senta is was external. But on the altima, how long does a nissan

no telling , it all depends on the customers maitenence of the cooling system

would it be

yes

Also if it driven by the chain, would it shorten the chain life?

No

Reply to
NissTech