Repairs needed

Hello. I have a 96 Nissan Altima manual that recently had been making odd noises when braking so I took it to the local car repair place to have a diagnostics test run on it. To make a long story short they told me that the front axles were bad, the sway bar links were bad and the right side outer tie rod end has an open boot and should be fixed. They quoted me $540.00. Anyways, I'm pretty car-illiterate so I'm not quite sure what all this means.... They said this is pretty important, but what do you think? Is it a priority? Is this a decent price??? Thanks in advanced for your answers :)

Reply to
freddycat49

What kind of odd noises?

How are the axles bad, are the boots open? are the cv joints making noise while turning under acceleration? Are they lose (move up/down or sideways)

I do not think that the sway bar links are that important. It is my opinion.

Outer tie rod end boot open? Can you get that small boot to replace it? Are they talking about the rack and pinion boot?

Something does not make too much sense to me.

Good luck

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
AS