SC to MN in 96 Altima?

I have a used 96 Altima with 88k miles on it. I haven't had a major problem with the car since I bought it 8 months back, except for a slight knocking sound at idle.

I would like to drive with my family from SC to MN (16 hours drive) and save on air tickets. If I keep my RPM below 2500, and make few stops at rest areas along the way, does anyone see an obvious danger in this? I have driven it for 6 hour drives.. but not for 16 hour drive yet. Are there any special precaution I need to take on such a long journey, apart from changing oil and filters before I start?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
neeraj.kanhere

I took my 95 altima on a few trips from hamilton to thunder bay last summer

- 1400 or so km. It passed the 200,000 km mark on one of them. (120,000 miles). I didn't keep it below 2500 (if you know the roads to take there are no cops or traffic) and had no problems. Other than falling asleep at the wheel you should have no problems assuming your car is in good mechanical shape.

Reply to
bucksatan

I will make sure I carry plenty of Coke, it will keep me awake and force me to take many restroom stops :) Thanks for your reply.

-neeraj

Reply to
neeraj.kanhere

going from South Carolina to Minnesota might take more than 16 hrs.

Reply to
You_Know_Who~

Yes, I found out it might. With eating and fueling etc. I guess it might be around 24-25 hours if no traffic jams. Well, fortunately I have an IPod with carkit and family members to keep company, hopefully it should be fine. thanks,

You_Know_Who~ wrote:

Reply to
neeraj.kanhere