service engine soon light

Hi,

My 1998 altima GXE (auto) has its 'service engine soon' light on. took it to the mechanic and he scaned the car's OBD and told me tha the problems were with the AIT sensor and the Knock sensors. I get th AIT fixed and after driving for a while the light comes back again Then I call the Nissan service center and they told me that the knoc sensor should not cause the light to go on!!! Anyone know if th statement made by the nissan sercive people is true........(I just don want to pay them $85 to do the diagnosis if i can change the sensor an get rid of the problem) Thanks...

-- wrashi

this thread:

wrashid

it is exactly true, the knock sensor will not cause the check engine light to come on.

Reply to
NissTech