tail light - a female altima owner in need

Could anyone please tell me how to replace a tail light bulb? Do I go in through the trunk? Hope you guys will help me on this simple question...thanks in advance!

Reply to
hipsterp

I forgot to say - the altima is a 2002. Hope you guys can help!

Reply to
hipsterp
  1. Remove the black plastic clip located at the top rear of the trunk that is holding the trunk liner in place. Use a flat-blade screwdriver in the slot and turn. The retainer will separate about 1/8 inch. Then pull it out.
  2. Slide the nylon wire straps off the two bolt threads extending into the trunk.
  3. Using a 5/16" spintite (or a 5/16" endwrench if tight), remove the two nuts from the bolts.
  4. Taillight assembly now can be removed. Turn bulb-holder CCW to access bulb and turn bulb CCW to remove.
Reply to
Vic A.