Tire Size

My 2003 Altima 2.5 SL auto Trans came with 205/65/16 tires. I'm at the replacement stage and wonder if I can install 215/60/16. Someone said it might interfer with the "shift points" because it's an automatic. Is that serious? Should I stick with the original size? The difference is several hundreds of dollars in savings if I can go with

215/60/16.
Reply to
abbyguy

The 205 is the tire width in millimeters and the 65 is the tire height percentage of the width. You should keep the tire diameter the same to retain speedometer accuracy. Therefore, the height of the sidewall is 133.25 mm. (205 x .65 = 133.25). To use a 60 profile tire, divide

133.25 by .60 which equals 222.08. I would use a
Reply to
Vic A.