Tires for 2000 Altima

I have a 2000 Altima GXE with 205/60-15 tires on the stock steel rims. I am considering going to a lighter alloy wheel of 215/50-16 or

215/45-17. I would go with a 7.5" width rim for either one.

Does anyone know what the offset is for the stock 15x6" steel rim? Has anyone tried a 215/50-16 or 215/45-17 on 7.5" rims? Did everything clear (strut and fender) and what was the offset used? Finally, is there still room to do a slight lowering (0.75" to 1.25") with the wider, low profile tires? Thanks (PS: your wheel model, size and offset would be appreciated.)

Reply to
ApriliaTucson