Two 2003 Altimas won't start

Both of our daughters own Altima's and live in different cities. Both had their cars not restart after they started the engine from cold, drove the car for a minute and then shut off the engine. Neither car would restart after a couple hours for one and the other after 14 hours. The gas pedal was held to the floor with no help. They were both towed to the dealer and they said that the cars were flooded.

Anyone know what is going on? It looks like it'll be a long time before I buy a Nissan.

Reply to
Randy Kalal

POS

Reply to
Bob H

There is a bulletin that may help the problem. The bulletin says to replace the starter and reprogram the ECM. I have not seen the starter, but it may have less teeth or be geared to spin faster.

Reply to
Harry Balls

As I understand it, you're not supposed to touch the gas pedal when starting with fuel injected cars...

Reply to
deimzig

Reply to
Randy Kalal

i have a 2003 altima with horror stories. 4000 miles old after moving it over in the driveway and not touching it the rest of the day it woulnt start. towed in. the dealership told me i burnt my fuel pump by turning my motor off before the engine came to an idle b.s. i knew better but the warranty covered it so we left it like that. then at 12000 miles old same situation when moving the car. i had it towed in again. that time the dealership told me it was my starter which was on back order. the whole time it was in the shop 13 days the back seat was out of my car. now im a woman but i know my starter is not under there my fuel pump is. now this weekend oct. 10, 2004 my car has 20,000 miles it did it again . this time the dealership told me that it was caused by moving the car a little bit and stopping it. that make the fuel pile up right there and it acts like its flooded. he told me that it can not be fixed just when it happens to press the gas 3/4 ways down and turn key until it starts. ive been thru a lot of cars 18 to be exact and i havent had to press the gas to start a car in a long time. help can i fight this. if i continue to do this to start my car im gonna pay a fortune in starters after my warranty. i hope this helps you or i hope you found answers since you wrote this

Reply to
theriotshrimpco