Two problems

I recently bought an 01 Altima GXE/LE. It's a great little car, but I have some issues.

First, the trip odometer resets when I shut the car off. I counts while driving, be I lose it all when I turn it off. It really sucks for tyring to keep track of mileage. The odometer morks just fine. Any ideas?

Second, I cannot open my trunk from inside or using the remote. I hear a clicking coming from the entry unit under the dash, but that's just basically a circuit board. The gas door opens fine from inside, too. Any ideas there?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Reply to
Cybershadow13

For your trunk you might check on the inside next to the lower catch for a switch that lets you only use the key to open it. Check the manual to see if yours has this type of thing, my 1995 does.

As for your first problem, I have no idea.

Reply to
bucksatan

I've seen similar replies in other posts, but I don't see anything near the lower catch other than the main mechanism and motor unit for the remote release. The manual doesn't say anything about a valet switch.

Reply to
Cybershadow13