What did I do wrong? Spongy Brakes

I changed out the front brake pads on my 97 Altima. I have done this several times in the past with no problems.

I had to force the piston back to allow the caliper to fit over the new pads. I have done this the same way in the past.

Now, the brake pedal is very spongy, and the fluid reservoir is over-full. Did I force the fluid backwards into the reservoir? I don't think any air was introduced into the system (it couldn't have, really).

Is it possible that over time, things will work themselves out right where they were before or do I have to do something to correct this?

Reply to
I am I

"I am I" wrote in news:TSgvf.1250$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

What ever the reason, I would think that bleeding the brakes would improve the situation. That would be my first course of action.

Reply to
Gordon reeder