01 Max w/Bose, CD changer install?

Just bought a 2001 Maxima w/factory Bose, and thinking about buying a CD changer. Looking for help/photos/testimonials of how easy the install is. Was the OEM unit a dealer-installed option? Are the mouting holes pre- drilled/wiring pre-wired? Found a 6-disc factory unit online for appx $220 shipped, but would like to hear some examples from others that might have done what I'm considering.

Thanks!

Reply to
anonymous

I bought an "aftermarket" CD Changer "USA Spec SCD-N66" from Discount Car Stereo

for my 96 Max with Bose and became daunted when I tried to pull the factory radio to make the required connections. I foresaw my dash all munged up, wires making bulges in the carpet etc.

It sat in my garage for about 6 months until I took it to the local auto stereo store which charged me $70 to put it in. He mounted on the top right side of the trunk. Has worked great (been actually using it about a year and 1/2).