01 Maxima Front Strut Tower Bar

I'm looking at getting a FSTB for my Max, I was wondering what the differences between the popular ones (such as the stillen) and the ones found on ebay for

30 - 60 dollars. Are all Bars created equil? will I notice the difference with a "cheaper" bar? thanks for the help. also, anyone got an idea on how long it should take to install?

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

The eBay bar has served many well. Stillen in general is overpriced in all departments, so avoid them. A few other companies make bars for the Maxima much lower priced then the Stillen.

Also, it should take you less then 10 minutes to install. If it takes any longer, you probably shouldn't be working on anything under a car hood . It is 3 bolts to remove on the top of the strut mount, both sides, then you slide the bar bracket onto the strut mount, then put back the bolts. Tada.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

thanks a lot for your help. that was one question I had was about the metal of the bar (aluminum or somethign else, I guess steel) could you list and brands that use a steel bar besides stillen? thanks a lot

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99