03 Bose 6-CD probs

Alright, I'm on my THIRD Bose 6-CD changer unit. This one "skips" (plays and then stops for a few seconds and plays for a second or two, then stops, etc) which is a problem that I had with a previous one. This happens until the car (or the unit?) warms up..... so I can't play the CD player until i'm on the road for like 10 minutes or so. It's definitely NOT the speakers.. its the unit. This unit was NOT a re-build but brand new when put in my car, just about 9mos-a year ago. So any clues why this happens? IS THIS HAPPENING WITH ANYONE ELSE???!!!!! TIA.

Reply to
Tara

I had a similar problem last winter with my '02 BOSE system. I took it to the dealer and told him of the problem, because it was still under warranty they replaced with another one.

It was my 3rd time getting my BOSE CD player replaced. But I have been happy every since (dare I say it loudly), no problems so far.

So, if you are still under warranty, try to get the unit replaced, because that the only thing they are willing to do. I havent found any other solution to this. Hopefully, someone in this group may have more helpful thoughts.

Reply to
BI

Bi, did the problem go away once the car (or the CD system?) warmed -Tara.

Reply to
Tara