04 MAXIMA DRONING NOISE

Hi guys

Has anyone had occasion to notice a constant droning noise in their 04 Maxi when driving 20mph and above. Appears to be a tire noise but no change of tires will repair it. Road surface changes change the noise somewhat but it is still there. It can be noticed right up until the car is just about stopped. All of the 04 Maximas and 02-04 Altimas seem to do it and I think it is not something that can be fixed-just wondered if anyone has had this concern and indeed been able to repair it????? I would appreciate the help for a couple customers who just cant stand it.

Thanks in advance

-- Scott McCrae Service Manager Guelph Infiniti Nissan

805 Woodlawn Rd. W. Guelph, Ontario Canada N1K-1E9
Reply to
Scott McCrae

I hear it and figured it was just road noise with the low profile tires. My other vehicles are alot higher.

Reply to
John Bates

Ride in the car with a vacuum cleaner hose put one end of the hose to your ear the other end point to various location in the car until you discover the loudest area in which the noise is coming from. Then in that area of the car look into installing some sound absorbing material like Dynamat or calking

Reply to
john

Topographic maps of many country over the world , can be use for GPS ask me at: snipped-for-privacy@online.fr

Reply to