1987 Maxima 3.0V6

My maxima has a problem. I started the car and it was running great until I turned on the headlights, it then died. I tried to restart it but all it will do is 'turn over' but it will not 'start'. I thought that the alternator went bad, I jumped it from a running vehicle and the car still would not 'start'. I checked for spark, it is not getting spark. I checked the distributor and the rotor under it still turns, so I know the timing belt isn't broke. I replaced the ignition coil and it still is not getting spark. Any ideas?

Reply to
Maxima

Sounds like a bad crank angle sensor (if this model has one). Look for a slotted disk in the distributor housing. I don't know much about the 2nd gen Maximas. Also, check all fuses and relays. Hopefully someone here will help.

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
Chris H

It does, it's built into the distributor and is likely the culprit.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks for the info. It will be next week b4 they get it into the shop. While its sitting at the shop, I might go down there at night and take a look at it. I put a new Ever Start battery in it and a distributor cap. Also anybody know how much a back door window on the driver side will cost me?

Thanks

Reply to
Maxima

Thats all it was, a bad crank angle sensor.

Reply to
Maxima