1987 maxima drivers window

my driver side window has quit working in its in the "down" position and the window motor has been working on and off for the past three years when it goes down or up, the motor sounds strong, but sometimes it will go down and not come back up, i have changed the switch, but that didnt work, i took the door panel off today and i dint see anything loose corroded or broken, but i believe, the relay is bad. Its the electrical piece mounted behind the door panel that the wires from the switch clip into, i believe that might be bad, how can i test it to be sure? all other three windows go up and down with no problems, any ideas of what might be causing my problem?

maxima

1987 maxima 125,000 miles

-- Message posted using

information at

Maxima

Probably your window regulator. I have replaced 3 of them in a 1993 Maxima GXE and the fourth one is broken as I write. I'll get around to fixing that one sometime... A new regulator costs around $75 or so. I understand this is a common problem in Maxima's.

--Greg

Reply to
Greg Kroll