1987 Maxima - Ignition wires-coil boot

I am trying to buy spark plug ignition wires for my 1987 Maxima.

Looking at my ignition coil, there seems to be a rubber boot completely covering and hiding the coil. This boot looks like it is a molded part of the wire from distributor center post to coil, not an added on boot where center wire is threaded thru.

On a brand new ignition wire set from a Nissan dealer, does the center wire contain this boot molded onto the center wire? I looked at a NAPA spark plug wire set for 1987 GL and there was no boot for the center wire.

My local Nissan dealer charges $148 for the spark plug wire set and is a custom order with 1 week lead time. Napa spark plug wires cost $53 dollars and are avilable off the shelf but lack the boot. Where can I buy good quality replacement ignition wires with the boot, that fit my

1987 Maxima and cost less than Nissan dealers charge?

Thanks for help. Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

remember, you get what you pay for...

Buy the OEM part's

Reply to
NissTech

Find someone that sells NGK wires for your car, these work great.

Reply to
Steve T