1987 Mxima - miss at idle only.

I've only driven my 87 Maxima [67000 miles] about 15000 miles since it was given a major tune-up in 2000. Changed plugs and HV wires, distributor cap and rotor. The car now mis-fires intermittently at idle and someimes at idle, only misses when the Air Conditioner is on. Not using engine oil. Engine has plenty of power and smooth acceleration.

With so few miles driven since last tuneup, not sure what could be the cause and what to fix. Is another igntion tuneup really needed? Suggestions please. Thanks, Dave_s

Reply to
DAve_s

If you did not use Nissan OEM ignition parts , shame on you

Reply to
NissTech

NissTech - on a ignition roll tonight... beware!!

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

You probably installed the wrong plugs, NGK BCPR6ES-II only!

Reply to
Steve T