1991 Maxima Power Windows Not Working

All four power windows on my Nissan Maxima just quit working. The fuse "looks" ok. They might work occassionally. But if I get them down, I might not get them back up. Also, about a month ago, my speedometer quit working. Is it in the electronics, and if so, how much will this costs to have fixed? Thanks

225,000 and still running great.
Reply to
awalker

Well, is it OK or not? Put an ohm meter across it to make sure. It could be as simple as a blown fuse.

Do the windows not work from every door panel or just the driver's door panel? I had to replace the controls on the driver's door to get 2 of my windows to work again.

No idea on the cost. It could be a simple fuse, or even if it's a new control panel, that's only $125 from a dealer, or considerably cheaper from a junk yard (I paid $25).

That is very encouraging.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

167,939 miles
Reply to
Bill G

Maximas are 200K mile cars as far as I am concerned. I have 2 both with well over 100K and I expect, with regular maintenance, to get 200K or more out of both of them. One is fairly modified, the other bone stock, both run as well as new..I have owned...........um........4 I think, maybe 5 and I had a

280ZX that I sold for 2 thousand bucks with almost 250K miles on it!.(couse I had done allot of work to the car)...but....I love Maximas! (Nissans in general) I'd REALLY like to have a new (or used) Infinity G-35 now that is the shit! with RWD and 265 ponies (4 door) the 2 door (just a more luxurious 350Z) has even more HP, a little less than the 350 though...... but I need a 4 door, too bad, or I'd take the G-35 coupe over the 350Z any day. Sorry for the rambling.....just got started with the milage thing...... bitsbucket.

Reply to
Bitsbucket