1991 Nissan Maxima Thermostat

Any one know where this is located? How to change it out?

Reply to
John

I am guessing...

Just follow the lower radiator hose into the block - where the hose meets the block is the thermostat.... (but then again, I'm basing this off other cars that I have experience with)...

Replacement usually involves, draining the coolant from the radiator, removing the old one (the housing is usually bolted on).. replace with new, replace hose (if necessary), refill coolant and purge the coolings system of any air.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Why do you need to change the 'stat? What are your symptoms?

How many miles since you changed the timing belt?

These are important questions, so let us know.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

Reply to
Bill G

Yep, that pretty much covers it. However, the thermostat housing requires a liquid gasket, and obviously needs to be re-"installed" when re-installing the housing. Make sure to use a torque wrench when installing.

Reply to
Bill G