1995 driver side tie rod??

Hello, I went to alignment shop for an alignment and they told me it need a driver side tie rod and that was causing the shake in the car when I drive. I got home and looked at the tie rod end closer to the wheels where it threads onto the rod and little rubber bushing is definately gone. When I follow the tierod down the rod I come to a large black rubber boot(looks like the cvaxle boot almost) and that boot is torn and grease is escaping there. I follow past the rubber boot and the rod continues but I could not see to where. My question is that whole rod with the tierod end threaded to the end of it called the tie rod? What does the other side of the rod attatch to and is there another tierod end on the other side? Thanks:) g 1995 Maxima SE automatic

Reply to
:

There is an inner tie rod that connects to the steering rack on one end and to the outer tie rod on its other end; There is an outer tie rod that connects between the inner tie rod and the wheel hub. Same things on the other side of the car. The end of the inner tie rod is under that (torn) boot. There should not be anything wet coming out of that boot. If there is, then you also have bad seals in the steering rack.

Reply to
E Meyer

That rubber boot is torn and there is grease in there?? Is that part of the rack? Thanks so much.. :)Nelson

Reply to
: