1997 Nissan Maxima GLE lights dim alternator,battery are new

Hi

I changed my alternator after my brake light and battery light came on. So I leave the garage and soon after the car lights seem to be a little dimmer. When I have the car in idle and try to close the window while it is already closed you here the engine idle slower like it is going to stall and see the lights get dimmer. So I replace the battery and guess what it does the same thing can anyone help me. I have had the alternator tested and it is fine and the battery is fine.

Thank you,

Alain

Reply to
tubbyd

My guess is that you used an aftermarket rebuilt part from your local parts store

BIG mistake.....

Anyone care to repeat what I have been saying for YEARS ....

Reply to
NissTech

...I have had the alternator tested and it is fine and the battery is fine .... Check out charge voltage while idling; measured from batt poles. U need 10$ 'investment' into a multimeter... How much is it?

Bad contacts, rotten ground cables are typical as vehicle approaches teens... New batt or alt doesnt help if contacts are oxidized. Cleanup time; Check under batt tray, alt gnd wire etc:

Wiikinki